I was wondering!

we had my baby at the hospital last night cause he was running a fever and just did not fill good. so we was just sitting there a just out of no where the blotches showed up on his face startd on his forehead then was on head then his cheek as soon as they showed up they disappeared has anyone had this happen it freaked me out.my son is only 3 months old

eliesmommy1989

Asked by eliesmommy1989 at 9:46 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is scary. What did they have to say about it at the hospital? They probably didn't see it since you were still in the waiting area but hopefully you told them about it once you finally seen the doctor. It could have just been from fever itself.. like a heat rash of some sort?
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:54 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• You can, esp young children, get a rash that is caused by a viral infection. Something similar happend to my baby who is 19 months old, she got pretty sick with a fever not long ago and broke out in a rash EVERYWHERE...it didnt seem to be bothering her, but it scared me and cought me off gaurd, first time ever dealing with a rash, and the dr just said it was because of the viral infection she was trying to fight off.

If nothing else but a fever is wrong with your baby it could be the same thing.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 10:10 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• it could be eczema , my daughter has it , its an allergy , it causes dry blotchy spots that flair up and then go away , its not serious, the doctor just told me to wash her with aveeno and lotion her with avenno , or the generic brand of avenno. that might be it ask the doctor.
    bekkaboo89

Answer by bekkaboo89 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I am a mom of five who are ages 2,4,6,8 and 9 also have two step kids and I do know and have seen when a child is running a fever they can get these kinds of rashes..As long as it has not came back and your baby is acting okay I wouldnt worry till it happened again:)
    mommyoffive1983

Answer by mommyoffive1983 at 8:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2010