I'm going nuts worrying about him!!! (vent)

My df works out of state doing siesmic. He cuts down trees and lays cable and what not. Its very dangerous. I dont have calling on my phone, only texting, and the last time he texted me was yesterday morning, which he usually does every morning to tell me he loves me. I didnt hear from him last night, which is strange because he usually texts me to let me know he's ok, and I didnt get a text this morning. I'm going nuts worrying about him and have no way to get ahold of anyone! All his coworkers work in the woods(like he does) and there is no signal there. Also I know the trail they are doing right now has lots of bears on it, and he was stalked by one awhile ago! I just dont know what to do and I'm worrying soooo much!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 9:47 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I was the same way when my hubby was deployed to Iraq. They would have a slow week where I could usually talk to him atleast once a day for 30 minutes to an hour.. then suddenly they would have a mission come up they had to do and it would be 2 weeks before I heard from him again! It drove me nuts. Only thing you really can do is try and relax, as hard as it is, and wait on a text. You may not want to call around too much in case this may get one of his bosses or something irritated with him.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I cant even call around even if I needed to. I'm just soo worried. In the 2 1/2 months he's worked there this has never happened!
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 9:57 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I am sorry to hear that. Is his phone able to revise calls? Maybe you could use a friends or neighbors phone to call him tonight? I think if something happened his Boss or work company would already have contacted you.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:57 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• If you dont hear from him tonight cant you call his co workers?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:58 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• no he can only get text too. His company wouldnt be able to get ahold of me, because I have no talk time on my cell until he gets paid
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 9:59 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• and you have no other families or friends with a phone who you could wire down as emergency contact? for such cases as now? And theres no way you can contact the company? Payphone/neighbor/friend I am sure they would help you out. I hope you hear from him soon and everything is fine.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 10:09 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• He might have put his parents number down too as an emergency contact, but they never tell me anything. And no I dont have anyone close. I was trying to save my mins on my phone but recent things have come up and unfortunately they are all used up. If he doesnt text me tonight then I'm going to text his friend that works with him that I know and see if he's alright
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• yeah thats an good idea text this friends at work. Hopefully you hear from him soon. I hope everything is fine!
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 10:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Tough spot to be in, but try to distract yourself - and assume that no news is good news! If there was something disastrous, companies are obligated to contact families and let them know what is happening - even if they don't yet know (e.g. missing person....) they don't need a lawsuit for not doing their job in that regard - so try and relax. I know it's hard - maybe plan something special for when he gets home. Hang in there!
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Didn't you just post this?
    Anonymous