Was it worth it to elect a black president?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Color had nothing to do with who I voted for.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Black, white, red, yellow.. he isn't getting the job done in my opinion. Do I think his color is one of the main reasons why he was elected? Yes I do, but I don't blame his color on the fact that his work has been less than impressive.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Actually President Obama is half black and half white. But to answer your question it doesn't matter what anyones skin color is he was not worth electing and hopefully will not be reelected. has nothing to do with his skin color
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:59 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I believe she is implying that the only reason Obama made it to the presidency is because he is black. So people only voted for him because he's black.
    I think you're just a silly troll poster, trying to start some drama. Its too early for that, go back to your troll cave.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:59 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I did not vote for Pres. Obama but color had NOTHING to do with it. I was never fond of his platform. This question really borders on inappropriate.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:04 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• @an_apple_a_day - I don't think she is a troll and in a way I understand what she is trying to ask. I grew up in a community that is a majority of colored and about 10% whites. During the campaigns and elections I can't even tell you how many times I have heard from different people things like "Hell yea i'm gonna vote for my fellow brutha" "Obama all the way, the black man can do it better" "Im voting for my nigga Obama" .. Now when I asked these people who were making these comments what is their reasoning? How do they feel Obama can improve our country, economy, ect? Not a single of of them had an answer other than the fact that it was time for a black president. It found it very ignorant and a little sad. Now keep in mind that was one one TINY community in TX.. add up all of the communities like this all around the world..and think about just how many people went out and voted for him based on his color,.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• She can be implying that all she wants, I dont care what color our President ever is, as long as they do their job and do it well is what concerns me, not the color of their skin...you know because that is only a skin deep issue not worth worrying about.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• No lambdarose! I believe that the OP is intelligently referring to the fact taht people have wrongly imagined that Obama was elected based on his race. Obviously, he had some good ideas that have yet to be fully accomplished, that have nothing to do with his race. Toomany people have put his race before his views of where our country should be headed!
    summerbabe

Answer by summerbabe at 10:05 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Ummmm,what?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Since I never considered his race that doesn't come into play in my mind. I don't believe Obama has ben worth worth it. Period
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 6, 2010