What do you wish people knew or understood about you?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• That I respect others for their "way of life" so respect me for mine. I am not shy and quiet so stop telling me to be a woman and stand in a corner and I should be seen but not heard because that only makes me want to be louder and more obnoxious! =D
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My husband and I were talking about this last night. I wish that some people would understand that I'm not stuck up, I just tend to be shy and not as outgoing as my husband. Given that he is a radio personality, it's his job to be outgoing and talk on the radio, not mine. So just because I don't spill my life or there are certain things I prefer him to keep off the air waves, it doesn't mean I'm stuck up or uppity, I'm just more reserved than he is...
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 10:39 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I wish people would understand that I don't want to spend my time listening to and solving other people's problems when they aren't doing a damn thing to help themselves.
    Anonymous

• I'm very shy but once people get to know me I warm up pretty good to them. I'm so shy I haven't been out in ages.
    mother76

Answer by mother76 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• That I don't need or want you to "fix" me. I want you to respect my dignity and right to be who I am, just as I respect yours...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Nothing really.. the people who matter know me very well and don't question a thing =) For those who havent figured me out by now, they probably never will =)~
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• that i prefer you to be upfront with me when something's up with you, rather than all of a sudden bitchy & irritated to get your point across. don'r't have time for that!
    summerbabe

Answer by summerbabe at 10:48 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• That just because I'm not arguing with you does not mean you should assume I agree with you. I'm quiet, not "nice". And I'm not your doormat to be taken advantage of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• That I have a will of iron and nerves of steel. That I should not ever be underestimated in a work situation and that I will go for blood if I need to. That I am inherently kind but don't suffer fools gladly. That I adore my husband and no one better mess with him!
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 10:57 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• That just because I look fine and you can't see inside me, I have a serious heart condition that really restricts me. It's DH's family who just doesn't get it, they think I should have no problem going out and getting at least a part time job, running around outside with the kids, mowing the lawn, shoveling snow, etc. I cannot do it, I'm not allowed to do it by my cardiologist, and they just don't get it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Nov. 6, 2010