Who is off on election day?

I always get Tuesday's off so I always enjoy watching and seeing how the elections progress as well as of course VOTE. Anybody else get the dayoff? Anybody hope like heck it doesn't extend past election day? Wouldn't it be nice to have a non contested, non rigged, everybody voted right day?

SheriSanchez

Asked by SheriSanchez at 4:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Me!!!! I have school so I am always off on tuesdays(at least this semester). I plan on voting, taking my bf(she doesnt drive to vote and then out to lunch with our kids!
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 5:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I work every day but it would be nice to get a hour off Im a stay at home mom with a husband in the military. It would be very nice to see an election not extended who knows maybe this one is going to be differnt look at it, its already differnt.
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 5:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Yeah I need to do laundry and clean house so yes technically I'm not off from those duties but I will be taking my little guy with me to cast my vote bright and early Tuesday morning, hey my hubby is in the military too .
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Yep. I'm keeping my daughter home from school, as well. She wants to volunteer on election day, and I think it'll be a very educational learning experience for her.
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 6:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• The schools in my county give the students a day off. All the schools in the area have been polling stations for decades. Just a few years ago parents started to dislike the idea of strangers entering their kids' schools(even though nothing bad has ever happend during these events). I guess the world is becomming a more scary place to grow up in.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 7:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Yes, I work for the county
    Star419

Answer by Star419 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I'm off & can't WAIT to cast my vote!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 9:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2008