When did he first feel the baby move??

I'm 24 weeks pregnant, and my husband has been going crazy trying to feel our son move. I'll feel the baby move, tell him where to put his hand, and then he'll sit there waiting and waiting and the baby just will not move. We've put things like plates or the remote on my belly so that he can see the baby move, but he is beyond frustrated that the baby won't move for him. He is taking it as a sign that the baby doesn't like him and just gets really upset. Any ideas on how to get the baby to move for him?

Erin_Jus

Asked by Erin_Jus at 10:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i was in korea n my husband was in kentucky but the baby started moving about 3 months but i came home when i was 6 months and he got to feel the baby kick the 1st night home....he was tooo cute when it happened!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Fill up a glass of ice and cold water put it on top of your belly and wait for the baby to kick you will see the ice (or hear) rattling.
    My son first moved when he was 18 right out and 3,000 miles away. He is in college.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• for my first pregnancy, my daughter hardly moved at all, my hubby didnt get to feel or see her move until i was nearly 8 months along..... just be patient, an maybe try playing music, or have your husband talk to your belly :) my second two pregnancies were very active
    BabeeOnBoard

Answer by BabeeOnBoard at 10:44 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• awww poor thing :( he'll move for him when he's ready
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 10:49 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I first felt the baby move at 15 weeks, and I guess I just get so excited when I feel him move that my hubby wants to feel it too. I feel bad, becuase I think maybe I should try to hide my excitement, but we tried so long and hard to get this far, and I've had so many complications so far that every little thing excites me about it, and I feel like I shouldn't have to hide my happiness. He's seen the plates and stuff we've put on my tummy move, so he knows he's in there and capable of making big movements, he just doesn't want to move for my hubby for some reason. Hopefully he can feel it soon so it can be more real for him..
    Erin_Jus

Comment by Erin_Jus (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I guess I posted too soon, cause he had a friend tell him to put a flashlight up to my stomach and the baby would move, and sure enough, it worked! Not only did he get to feel the baby move once, but apparently our son disliked the flashlight so much that he continued to kick like 10 times in a row and my husband felt them all. He is now BEYOND thrilled and so excited! I'm glad he finally got to feel it!
    Erin_Jus

Comment by Erin_Jus (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2010