Do you have quiet time at your house!

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• What's quiet time?? LOL!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Oh yes!! My son naps on a daily basis, but my daughter hasnt napped in 2 years. SO while baby brother is sleeping, I consider this "quiet time" for my daughter I. Usually we lay on the couch and watch a show or read some books. It gives me time to rest and that way she won't wake her brother from his nap from being too loud and rambunctious!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• No I wish!!! lol
    YeahHer

Answer by YeahHer at 10:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Well my 2.5 year old still naps and my 5.5 year old is in school so there is a little quiet time while she is napping, but on the weekends I put her down I put my oldest dd in her room to watch tv for quiet time until her sister wakes up
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I have 8 kids...there is such a thing as quite time?
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:59 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• yes ma'am everyday! the little ones (ages 22 months and 9 months) take a nap from noon to two and i make my oldest (4) go in her room for quiet time. sometimes she actually sleeps and others she just plays quietly with her toys. if i'm really tired that day, i lay her down with me and we both nap while the babies nap!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yes. When my 7 month old naps my soon to be 3 year old sits in bed and "reads" books, plays quietly, or occasionally naps.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:05 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yes! My younger 2 are 3.5 & 5, and frequently take naps yet - even if they don't want to they have to have quiet time in their room. On the weekend when the older 2 (7.5 & almost 9) are home, they're sent to their room for quiet time while it's nap/quiet time for the younger 2. Momma has to have her quiet time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• yes one hour prior to bed all electronics are off...everyone goes to their rooms and reads or draws/colors, journal writing...no radios, tv's or telephones...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Somedays..My 6 yr old is in school so it depends on the days when my 4 yr old naps or not
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2010