kinda jealous in a way!

***I am going to do this in a few post.. cause everytime I write long it never post my question...**pls answer after posts are done.

I have this friend who has two children ages 10 and 2. She has a boyfriend, who had a vasactomy (not his kids, has NONE!!)..anyways they have been together two yrs and are currently going though counseling cause of problems (unknown!).

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't really have to read the rest of your posts to know where your going with it. If she wants to dish out her money on this guy then that is her business I guess. My hubby and I dont spend much on eachother at all but we have a great relationship =) No money necessary. In your friends case, maybe she feels that if she does these things it will make their relationship better somehow. If that is the case, then I wouldn't be jealous at all. I would feel kind of bad for her.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:57 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• So everyone else is saying sage and wise things, but you know what? I'm jealous too! I wish I could take a frivolous trip and dump the kids on my mom! Oh wait...my mom is like her and she does the frivolous things and leaves HER responsibilities behind for me to deal with. I feel bad for her kids.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:20 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• well.. the reason why I am kinda jealous is cause of the gifts they give each other. For his birthday (this month) she bought him tickets and plane tickets and all expeninse paid to the chicago bears game. We live about 3 hours flying = she paid $780 just for the plane tickets.. I think that was crazy.. just for his birthday, when your not married, no kids and alreaday having problems. NEXT POST..
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 10:51 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• for her birthday he got her a coach bag,and pedi, mani. I think they spend too much on eachother < this goes on and on..
    They took a trip to TX last year without her children, who her mother watched, then to Maryland, her mom watched, now chiacgo. She works two jobs just to pay her bills but yet spends money foulishly on stuff like trips for gifts!.. I am alittle jealous 1)Me and my hubby make a good amount a year and can't even afford to bring our family to disney 2) she leave her kids with her mom all the time 3) complains she is always broke..
    I think she is buying his love and vis versa.. what do you think? would you do that if you were already having "marriage" problems but.. not ever married.. would you leave your children with your mom all the time?
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• done...
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• You can have anything you want if you just safe. You can have yard sales to make some money. Babysit is great way to make extra money. No reason to be jealous.

My mom always told me, when a boy is your bf and is trying to empress you that is when he should want to give you great gifts and if he doesn't than he will be a bad gift giver when you get married. That shows he is not thinking about you.

I always hear girls say "that is okay he doesn't have to buy things" then when they get married he buys nothing for her or the home and she wonders why not? He spends money only on his needs.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:06 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• They are setting super high expectations for each other, which just leads to disappointment down the road. Appreciating the simpler things in a relationshio is what keeps it going.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:10 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• They may or may not be buying their Love, but they are having a lot of fun. This is the point, to have fun, you work your ass off for something. They like nice things, and are working for them, there is not a thing wrong with that.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:11 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• he never wants to get married or buy a house with her.. she wants to get married and buy a house.. I just figure them out.. lol
    As far as money we don't need to worry about money we do have a hefty savings, I guess I should say were too cheap to spend $5000 on one trip..we would rather put our money in our house, saving to buy a new car with cash!, stuff like that.. don't get me wrong we do alot of family things, ALOT!! but there all within driving distance (4-5 hrs away)
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Nov. 6, 2010