IS THIS WRONG MORALLY?

I AM STILL MARRIED TO MY HUSBAND. AND WE HAVE DECIDED TO BE AND STAY SEPARATED. WE ARE GOOD FRIENDS AND GOOD PARENTS TOGETHER HOWEVER WE CAN NOT SEAM TO LIVE TOGETHER WITHOUT TEARING EACHOTHER AND OUR FAMILIES TO SHREDS.

WELL HERE IS THE PROBLEM. MY HUSBAND HAS GOTTEN ANOTHER GIRL HE IS DATING.

WELL LAST NIGHT WAS HALLOWEEN. AND WE SLEPT TOGETHER. AND I DO NOT FEEL BADLY AS HE IS STILL MY HUSBAND.
**SHOULD I FEEL BAD?? IS IT WRONG?**

I WANT SCRIPTURES IF THERE IS PROOF OF YOUR THOUGHT AND IF NOT I WANT YOU TO STATE IT IS YOUR OPINION.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• In my opinion your hubby is wrong to still be married and dating another woman. He's still your hubby so you sleeping with him is not the problem.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Are you going to divorce? Either way you are still legally married so you certainly can have sex with your husband. Is it morally wrong that he "cheated" on hid girlfriend - yes
    Is it morally wrong that he is cheating on you by having a girlfriend - yes.
    Anonymous

• I think that the Bible teaches that you have done nothing wrong by sleeping with the man who is now your husband. The only thing I would caution you about is if he is also sleeping with his new girlfriend, you could catch some disease. There is one verse that popped into my mind that says if he marries another, divorces her, and then wants to come back to you, that you should not take him back. Well, I just found it, and here is what it says,"Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled." That seems to actually imply that the wife is the one who has been messing around, but I think it would work both ways.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• i believe if you want to have sex with your husband, its the girlfriends fault, for not waiting until, he
    is divorced, he is still your husband, whether you have been ,seperated, 1 day or many years, never go ou,t with a married man, cause they , can always get back together, with thier wife? maybe you should
    go to counseling, and find out why? you argue so much when you live together? thats my opinon
    hope it works out, much luck to you & your husband
    chilimidos62

Answer by chilimidos62 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• My opinion is in your specific case knowing what you wrote here is No it is not morally wrong, regardless if he is still your husband or not. I commend you and your husband for agreeing to disagree and live how you see fit for the benefit of your family. There is not merit or virtue in staying together and fighting and making this precious time around the sun suffering for you and yours simply because it shatters someone else's opinion on what a marriage should be.

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 4:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• My opinion is he is still legally your husband,You are not wrong to sleep with him..He is wrong to sleep with another women...That it

Answer by louise2 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Well, technically your still married to him...now HIM on the other end should not be dating other people etc until the 2 of you are divorced. I dont think there is any scripture that can support what you 2 are doing...but either way, if YOU know that the 2 of you are not wanting to be together should you not feel like you should have no sexual relations with him? Its like talking about pre-marital sex, would you do that? If you say yes, then you should be asking for God's forgiveness, because that is really wrong! I dont know why people want scriptures, but their day to day actions are the furthest thing from waht God wants....
    Anonymous

• You are still legally married (by the state and God) so of course you did nothing wrong. You husband, on the other hand, SHOULD NOT be dating someone else. That said ~ you need to seriously start thinking about your future. Please consider marriage counseling and start praying for God to show you the direction you need to head. Something has to give here.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 5:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• This is certainly a difficult situation. My personal opinion is that if you plan on divorcing or remaining separated 1) your husband was wrong for getting a girlfriend while you are still married. Yes you are separated but he should have been respectful enough to maintain his vows until the divorce is finalized or if you don't plan on divorcing just remaining separate he should have made sure you were okay with him dating . 2) I think that knowing he had a girlfriend you are being disrespectful to her by sleeping with him technically you are still married so no it isn't wrong, it's just disrespectful because I'm sure she is under the impression he is leaving you. On that note he is wrong AGAIN for cheating on her. Now on the flip side if she knows he has no intention of divorcing you just living separately and is aware that you might be sleeping together than you have nothing to worry about.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• The point is this is a very complicated situation. Should you feel badly for sleeping with your husband, NO, but you might be causing harm (unintentionally) to someone else who was under a different impression of the situation. Personally I wouldn't want to knowingly cause another person harm even if that harm was unintentional.
    KristiS11384