Fun games to learn numbers, colors, alphabet, and shapes.

I need some games to help teach my 2yr old better. She knows some stuff but forgets soon after. I want some things that will get her attention! I'm getting her an Alphie for christmas, which should help, but I need more suggestions.

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 10:52 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think there are some things on the computer that you can use...i just dont know the website... a friend told me about it..ill see if i can find out again and let you know. HAVE FUN!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:55 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Let her be a kid. She is 2 and WILL forget a lot of what she learns, because she is still young. But, you can READ to her...point out the words and letters. Let her listen to you pronounce the sounds of the letters. Reading for 20 minutes a day is the BEST way to teach a child. Point out colors, shapes when you are on a walk, at the store, etc. Color with her and say, "I am using the blue crayon." Ask her to get you certain color crayons. Just describe what you see. She will learn everything in HER own time, not yours or someone elses. Let her PLAY, once she is in school the pressure to learn will be very high and if you burn her out as a toddler, she may not enjoy learning later.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I bought "flash cards" for my kids and then we make games up with them like memory or "same and different." They love it and it was an easy way to help them get the stuff down. Crafts and coloring are a good way to teach colors and shapes as well...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:59 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Leapfrog Fridge Phonics is great for teaching letters. My son got it last year and knew all of his letters (upper and lowercase) and a lot of their sounds by 20 months. (the fridge phonics only has uppercase) There is a computer game called Jumpstart Toddler that my son has been playing on (with me) since he was like 18 months old. It does colors, shapes, finger play songs, etc. I got it a number of years ago for my older kids, but I'm fairly sure it's still out - it was like $15.

Answer by missanc at 11:02 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• www.sproutonline.com www.pbskids.org www.playhousedisney.com
    i play games on them sites with my 18 month old and he knows 5 colors by visual n name n he trys 2 say them, he can count to 5 and he trys to tie his shoes, mayb try them its fun n they get use 2 using a computer
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i made cards like...... two suns on a card and she had to find the number 2 thats goes along with it....... things like that., show the picture and have her try and find the word.. or letter....
    cass422

Answer by cass422 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2010