How are you making extra money for the holiday season?

Several of my friends have taken up small and/or side jobs to earn extra money for the holidays so they won't have to sacrifice to the economy change. Are any of you out there doing this too? What are you doing?

I am happy that my online business is going well enough that I don't have to do anything extra. :-D

MmaMaMa1203

Asked by MmaMaMa1203 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Holidays

• I make and sell jewelry...but I have done that for a long time and we use that for our fun money so now its christmas money =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:13 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Oops I forgot to ask...what is your online business?
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:14 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yes, We have a business, so I will be working there from time to time. I would also like to pick up something a little more fun, if I find something.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• my job is offering OT for a few weeks before Christmas to try to make up for all the time we have off for the holidays. So I will be sucking up all the OT I can.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I sacrificed all year by having money taken out of each pay and put into a christmas club.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My df works his a** off doing 14-16hr job, 7 days a week for 28 days to a time, so we dont really have to do extra work, I just spend less on useless stuff.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• These are all great! I guess we all make sacrifices. Mine last year was having my husband away (US Navy). Thanks for sharing ladies!

Shelii- I will PM you with business info.
    MmaMaMa1203

Comment by MmaMaMa1203 (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• DH is a sub for a rural postal carrier. He talked to the regular, who in turn is giving him almost 2 weeks straight of work - he'll make an insane amount of money for only a few hours work each day, it will be enough for a good Christmas for our kids, plus a new family computer, plus more. With his normal fall work schedule, it's impossible for me to do anything to earn money - and he doens't want me to because of my health. He's willing to bust his butt to earn enough for me to spend how I see fit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I put away about $100 a month from January to October so that by the time it's Novemember, I have about $1000 and don't have to worry about shoping money. My daughter's birthday is mid Decemember so I also use some of that money to throw her a b-day party. I have a friend that doesn't have a lot saved so she is watching her neighbors school aged children while they are on Christmas vacation and their mom still has to work. I think she is making about $300 watching them.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Newbies can make $1000 in November with my business.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2010