is there any birth control out there that those not make you gain weight?

ivq

Asked by ivq at 11:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Health

• all hormone based OC's will cause you to gain weight, simply because of the mechanism of the drug and what it is created to do within the female reproductive system. Regardless of what the reps or your doctor tells you. Barrier methods, and sterilization is the only way to not interfere with your weight.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Implanon...I didnt gain any weight with it....I love it!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• You can try Paragard, which is an IUD that doesn't have hormones. It's very effective and immediately reversible when you decide you want to try for more kids.
    I have Mirena, which is the hormonal IUD, and I love it. I haven't gained any weight with it, but being hormonal, that chance is always there.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:39 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Condoms.. lol.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Natural Family Planning is the best method out there! That is what my husband and I used for a year (along with a barrier method when i was fertile) and it doesn't introduce any hormones into your body messing with weight gain, emotions etc. It might sound like alot of work, but there are some great programs out there that make it quite easy actually.

Go to ovusoft.com and download the program. It's $30 that you will not regret spending, and it's a lifetime membership, not a monthly payment. So it's really cheap compared to other methods! You will need to keep track of your cycles and and fertility signs (the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility tells you more about that) and enter it into their database. Then, you get to know your body very well, alot faster than you would think.

One of the other great side benefits is that you get to use it one month to prevent pregnancy and use it the next to get pregnant!
    midwifejenny

Answer by midwifejenny at 7:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I didn't gain any weight on the Ortho Evra patch.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I U D paragaurd.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2010