What's the best decongestant for an almost-3 year old?

My DD has had a stuffy, runny nose for 3 days and nothing we're doing is helping much. We've been giving her warm baths, using baby Vick's, etc., and she's still miserable. Do you know a good decongestant medicine for toddlers?

KA91

Asked by KA91 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Check with your pediatrician and see if they recommend anything. We never had any success with drops or the bulb either for the same reason you hit. He'd protest and cry so much it made the situation worse. Have you tried getting her to blow her nose?
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I don't know of any decongestants recommended for little kids. I would suggest saline nose drops/ spray and using the trusty bulb syringe. And using a humidifier in her room. Good luck and hugs to you both.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I use triametic and I have a 5,7,9, year old. Plus a hymidifier might help as well. also nasal kids spray works good. Or just in the bathrrom with the door closed and running the hot water and the stream in the room works good.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:29 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• We've been using the spray and bulb too, but she hates them so much! She cries whenever we do it, so her nose fills right back up. *sigh*
    KA91

Comment by KA91 (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Little noses Decongestant drops :) they work great
    heathers5500

Answer by heathers5500 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 6, 2010