My 15 mth old has a runny nose...

...he's working on his second set of molars and has been in pain for a week now...on top of that he'd developed a slight fever Thursday night and he was a little better yesterday. He doesn't have a fever today but still has a runny nose.

He's become a very finicky eater because he's not feeling well with teething, etc, so dinner time, especially, is hard because all he wants to do is drink milk.

Any suggestions for his cold? Thanks.

mypreciousbabe

Asked by mypreciousbabe at 11:36 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There is a really good homeopathic (natural) medicine out there called "Little Colds" by Little remedies. The "Honey Elixer" is what I have been using lately... I really like it and you can find it at pretty much any grocery store or walmart.... if you can't find it there, www.littleremedies.com is the company's website. The one I am using is for kids age 1 to 4.... They have a huge variety of medicines that they put out.... If you don't want to do that though, figure out what the dosage per pound is on another children's cold medicine. Before I found the "Little Remedies" brand (or rather my husband did... the best "mistake" he ever made...) that's what I did... my pediatrician said that this was fine, but talk to yours first before doing that... I think though that the best option is to get one of the meds from Little Remedies.... Oh and liquid vitamin drops... you can add it to his milk... Formula makers put them out now..
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 2:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Unless the cold is bothering him, you don't need to do anything for it. We gave Tylenol (or MOtrin) for teething pain and that seemed to do the trick. You might try offering hard, cold foods (even frozen fruits) since that helps with some kids (just watch for choking hazards. A humidifier in his room at night can help with sleep.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2010