Would you let this happen to you?

See video below .... (watch the whole thing)

Gal51

Asked by Gal51 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That's unacceptable! I'd do the body scan... NO ONE will grope me or my children!! I know that most of the officers aren't child molesters, but you can't tell me that a male officer doesn't love the opportunity to legally grope an attractive female. This should NOT be happening! Oh, and do they think women in burkas are going to allow a man to touch their breasts?!? Absurd!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• No freakin' way!! I will drive or take the train wherever I and/or my family travel for the foreseeable future!!

Curious though about the demographics, of ALL the people being subjected to regular or "enahanced" opt out pat downs here IN the US traveling to other points within the US, how many were found to have breast implant bombs, underwear bombs, shoe bombs, or other "questionable" objects on them?!

Aside from my husband, the only other person I allow to touch me is my GYNECOLOGIST!! And last time I checked a minimum wage TSA worker does not qualify!! I wonder how the airlines feel about this as more and more people will likely "opt out" of FLYING all together?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I have a very short list of people I allow to see me "naked." I will not be treated like a criminal (pat down) for the priviledge of using an over priced airline ticket. As a military wife I have driven coast to coast on numerous occassions...if it is CONUS..I dont need to fly.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• No.No.No. I will not submit to this sort of search in the name of standing up to terrorism. My children will not be submitted to this on my watch. We already don't fly and have no plans to do so any time soon. Anywhere I need to go, I can drive. It'll take me longer, but I've roadtripped all my life. We don't attend sporting events or concerts in large venues, so that's not a worry to me.

Yes, it's conditioning us to submit, and I'm afraid to even speculate what for.

And, adding to the comment about women in burka -- will they be allowed a 'pass' because of their faith? Because if they are, I want one, too. As a Christian, it's against my faith to be touched by anyone other than my husband in that fashion, and it's against my faith to intentionally subject my children to those who will harm them. Not that I'm flying, but if their faith excuses them, mine excuses me.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• This isn't the same as a the pat downs they did in 2003. I had a pat down around then, too. No biggie. This is a serious grope and feel. And it's no longer random. They will put their hands where no one but your husband or doctor should put their hands and do some serious touching. If someone on the street touched you like they will touch you in the 'new and improved' pat downs you would want to have that person arrested for sexual molestation. I'm not going to subject myself to that humilation. And I'm certainly not going to allow my children to be subjected to that abusive treatment. There is nowhere on this planet that I want to go that I can't drive to. So, I will drive.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 1:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Whaaat?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Stopped at 1.24... NOPE. i'll stop flying thanks.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• A body scan? If it detects a terrorist who has an explosive/bomb , stops them from boarding the plane, I am all for it. They can scan me all they want.I have nothing to hide. I will be flying to NC in December and I will transfer in Chicago where they do scans and I won't be screaming OPT OUT. I am sorry but you guys are way too uptight.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I saw the images.. They are like looking at an undressed maniquin. I don't like it, but it's better than having a man fondle me.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yea, if that were to happen we would have problems, it would be over my cold, dead body that some STRANGER touched my children in that manner. I would not fly ever again.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2010