Healthcare success stories?

Now that some of the supposedly "good" provisions in the healthcare bill are in effect does onyone have any success stories with their health care?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Health

• My parents are on medicare. My mom takes a lot of meds. In the previous Medicare prescription system, some months she was having to pay $2000/month for meds while she was in the "doughnut hole". She understands that her copays during that doughnut hole should now be half of what they were. She was at the point of asking doctors for free samples and not taking her meds as she was supposed to because she couldn't afford them. I'll tell you next year if it works out the way she expects.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My neighbor, who is not on medicare, but pays for her insurance through her deceased husband company, now has to pay double what she has been paying. So much for cost not increasing.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My nephew gets to stay on his parents' insurance until age 26 -- he would have been dropped this year otherwise.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 10:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• not yet ...... .....
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Um, no.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2010