Does anyone have a Human Serivice degree?

I currently attend University of Phoenix for my Human Service Degree and will graduate in May. I am curious to know what kinds of jobs moms currently have with their Human Service degree and if they received their degree from an online college how accepting employers are of them.

TiffanyPlew

Asked by TiffanyPlew at 12:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• I dont' have one, and I don't know anyone who does. But I work at a Head Start and I think that is one of the degrees we look for when trying to hire a new Family Services worker, like a social worker. Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Thank you much! I will keep Head start in mind, although I am not sure I want to work with children, just exploring my options becuase graduation is getting close. Thanks again and I am still open to ALL ideas!
    TiffanyPlew

Comment by TiffanyPlew (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would think that social services case workers would have a human services degree.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Tam I am also thinking social services case workers have the human serivce degree but my problem is Child protective services is the only place i can think of that are "social workers" and I preferably dont want to work with children I think I am just having a mind block
    TiffanyPlew

Comment by TiffanyPlew (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I taught for the University of Phoenix. The degree is getting more and more respected. You shouldn't have an issue finding a job.
    Brenna

Answer by Brenna at 7:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2010