Anyones kids not like to wear clothing?

My 2yr old will not leave her clothes on! I get her dressed, we go to the store, get back home and not even 5 mins later she's got everything off again!!! It drives me nuts because now that its snowing I dont want her to get cold, but I also dont want to keep the heat at 75-80 degrees!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 12:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 3rd dd who is now 4 was naked all the time when she was 2 - 3 yrs of age. She loved running around free of clothing. lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I made a rule for my 11 year old autistic son. If he wants to be naked, he needs to be in his room. If he wants to join the rest of the family, he needs to have clothes on. We've had this rule since he was very young. It works and you don't have to keep the house at a buget breaking temperature.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• haha myy lil girl is one and she will not keep anyy clothes on but i started letting her pick what she wanted to wear and she keeps it on then but it dont alwayys match lol
    babyy_blue_eyes

Answer by babyy_blue_eyes at 12:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Its not really budget breaking, but my body temp has always been higher than most. When most people I know are cold, I'm pleasantly warm, and when they are warm I'm overheated!
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• LOL! Yes, my granddaughter is also two! All summer she wanted to wear nothing but her diaper. Now that it's getting colder, it has become a complete fight to get to dressed, and to stay dressed! It's a fight to get her socks on and then to stay on. Argh..
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My 2 year old daughter always takes her clothes off as soon as we walk in the door!
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 12:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I hear its very common. mine so far doesn't mind keeping his on but things can change oh so quickly at this age, right lol. hang in there mama I'm sure she will out grow it
    rachblue

Answer by rachblue at 12:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My son is the same way. But he uses the potty alot more now that he runs freely, lol.. But I do make sure I clothe him if anyone is over, and I try to make him atleast wear underwear even if its just us.. Although he will usually just rip the undies off too, lol.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yep, my son is the same way too. He goes through periods where he's anti-clothing and then he'll be fine with it again for a while. He won't keep anything on now, and it's starting to get cold here too. Sometimes he doesn't want clothes on, and sometimes he just wants to keep changing his shirt or pants over and over. I don't care as much in the summer if he doesn't want clothes as long as he cooperates when we need to get dressed to go somewhere and when we're having visitors.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i think all toddlers go through that stage cause my son is 18 months old n just wants 2 b naked as he was the day he was born, it takes at least an hour 2 get him dressed so we can go anywhere or b4 ppl come over n still he gets undressed when there r ppl n the house. this lady came 2 our door doing that census paper n he just sttod right n front her n the sitting room n got naked she could only laugh as i was embaressed ... kids r a trip these days they have no shame
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2010