how to pay attention while doing problems?

iam studying electrical engineering having full problems how to concentrate?

anu156

Asked by anu156 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• You need peace and quite to concentrate.

Answer by older at 12:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• When I was in school, I found putting classical music on very low in the background helped me concentrate.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 5:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• you have to force yourself to focus on what you are doing. Just keep repeating to yourself what you are doing and try to block everything else out.
    chickychatter

Answer by chickychatter at 9:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• LOTS of coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:00 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Trust me it wont be the last one you find or pour out! I have learned that if you surrender and work on you and your kids and trust God things will get better!!! He is just as sick as if he had the cancer....cancer of the soul!! Been there prayed that!!
    wannabgypsy

Answer by wannabgypsy at 7:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Sometimes it's the material that's causing a person not to be able to concentrate. Sometimes it's the way we try to study, like taking too big of a chunk of information to decipher at one time. I know that I learn better by doing. I also know that I can do better if there is music on in the background that I can't readily sing to. The music actually helps me to block out the rest of my surroundings so that I can focus on what I am working on. I tend to stress over something if I don't understand it. Another thing is, don't be afraid to ask for help. We tend to feel like we have to do it all on our own. Hope this helps.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It's weird but chewing gum helps me. A teacher once told me about it. Something to do with keeping one side of your brain occupied so the other can concentrate.
    kat1116

Answer by kat1116 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I agree with PP about chewing gum, but you can also use a squeeze ball in one hand. The motion helps your brain to focus.
    Also, getting enough sleep helps, and eating a high protein snack or meal right before you study, like a cheese stick, a yogurt, peanut butter.
    You might also think about other learning methods. If you can include motion it will help, like making large flash cards of equations and tracing them with your fingers as you read them. That gives the info another pathway to the brain.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:03 AM on Nov. 10, 2010