Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The magnetic strip on my food stamp card doesn't work, should I say that it's lost so I can get a new one?

I really hate handing it to the cashier to enter in the numbers. It takes longer and sometimes they mess up.


Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Just tell them the magnet strip is not working and you would like to request it to be replaced. I don't see the big deal with them typing it in though. It happens with debit and credit cards all the time.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 12:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • I would get it replaced, it's no big deal to get a new one or just let them punch it in at the store

    Answer by Sheleekieije at 12:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • Just tell them your card doesn't work and get it replaced.

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • I have one for my mom's food and they tell me at the store that the new ones are even worse.

    Answer by older at 12:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • Just tell them that your card is broken and you need a new one.

    Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • cant you just have them replace it since its damaged?

    Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2010