Does this bother you ?

I am just curious if it bother's you to be home with your children in the evening while your spouse works 3 rd shift ?

Sheleekieije

Asked by Sheleekieije at 12:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, it never did.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• 3rd shift is overnight right? Well if it is then I will say it used to. My df work out of state for 28 days (which means he doesnt come home for 28 days) and then gets 4 days home. I used to be really on edge about what if someone broke in, what would happen to my kids if something happened to me, etc. but I got over that, especially cuz my df brought me home a pellet gun, which hurts like hell, and would keep an intruder at bay enough for me to do something more.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• No,why? My husband was gone a lot--for weeks or months at a time when he was in the Ar Force . My kids were good company. I had two babies only 15 months apart when my husband went to SE Asia and flew jets over Vetnam during the war and my babes helped keep me sane.LOL.
    WHy do you ask?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• yeah. it always puts me on edge
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• OH man... well my husband has been gone almost a year now so.... it bothers me but you get used to it. Its part of our jobs as wives. :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Oh,and I was never scared or worried or concerned for our safety. You just can't spend your life being afraid.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• my first husband worked 3rd shift and I was okay with it except the nights he would come home at 3 am for lunch break.....not fun to be stuck in the middle of nowhere and here footsteps at 3 am.

now my current husband used to work from 6 pm to 6 am and the only thing that bugged me was coming home black with mining soot
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• NOPE! Whatever it takes! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• it doesn't necessarily bother me, but it makes me sad when he is gone. I miss him so much!
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:43 AM on Nov. 7, 2010