Shower Curtains: Vinyl or Fabric?

Which is the best choice - a vinyl or a fabric shower curtain?

amandag618

Asked by amandag618 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We do both, Fabric for decoration on the outside and a cheap vinyl curtain on the inside to protect the fabric one. Once the vinyl one gets nasty we just replace it.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i do the same exact thing shanlaree does
    sweetyesma

Answer by sweetyesma at 12:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I'm with shanlaree too!
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 12:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Croscill-Living.com actually has an article written about this on the website! http://croscill-living.com/get-inspired/tips-trends/shower-curtains-vinyl-or-fabric
    Croscill-Living

Answer by Croscill-Living at 12:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• we bought a new shower curtain that is fabric, but does not need a liner. It's SUPER easy to take on & off the curtain rod. PLUS, you can just take it off & throw it in the wash. No need to buy a new one. It feels & looks like cloth, but the water does not soak through. Weird...but cool! Before this, we always had cloth w/ a vinyl liner.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• We just have vinyl with a fun pattern in the kids bathrooms. In the master bath and guest bath we have a cloth outer one and vinyl inside.
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 1:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Fabric, outer and vinyl inner. Previous to this last move, we've always had doors.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• We have shower doors and don't use curtains, but in other places I have lived, we always used vinyl curtains on the inside and fabric decorative curtains on the outside.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Fabric outer decorative and vinyl inner.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Right now, I am just using the vinyl, but I love going with both. I plan on re decorating my bathroom after the holidays, and it is always nice to have the fabric outer and vinyl inner shower curtain.
    MaggieNSamsMom

Answer by MaggieNSamsMom at 4:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2010