If Hillary were to challenge Obama . . ?

in a primary for the 2012 election, who would you want to represent the Democrat Party? Just curious. I know the incumbant POTUS usually runs, but there seems to be 'chatter' (I'm not buying that it's completely legitimate, so save the rude comments about this please) that some of the Dem representatives are disenchanted with Obama and would rather Hillary run in 2012. So, if on the outside chance this happens, completely hypothetical, who would you vote for to run for POTUS in 2012?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 12:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I doubt Hillary would ever play "second fiddle" to Obama or any other presidential candidate. I can see Hillary running for the top spot in 2012--but it would be her last attempt....you know, because she would be older than "old man McCain" in 2016...and we can't have any old, crotchety people running for POTUS, now can we?! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• If Obama's rating is still low you will see Russ Feingold, Evan Bayh and Hillary Clinton all challenge Obama for the democrat nomination.

You will not see an Obama- Hillary ticket. She will not play second fiddle to him. She wants it all or nothing.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I can see an O and HC ticket, setting the stage for HC in 16. I'll be surprised if anything else happens.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• McCain was born in 1936...He was 72 years old in November 2008, and considered by the left to be "too old" to be president.

Hillary Clinton was born in 1947, and would be 65 years old in November 2012, or 69 years old in 2016.

I'm not seeing much of a difference between the ages of 69 and 72...therefore, 2012 is Hillary's last chance to become President or VP.

Other than Reagan, all of the other presidents in recent history were in their 50's to mid 60 upon taking the oath of POTUS. Just sayin!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• She also said she wasn't planning to run for president EVER when she went for Senator.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would have preferred Obama and Hillary together now, and I think it's a possibility that they'll run together in 2012. If they ran separately in the primary, I would have to wait and make a decision at that time. I like them both overall, so it would be a difficult decision for me.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 1:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Meant to say Reagan being the oldest and JFK being the youngest (in recent history)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• HC *said* this week that she is not planning to run in 12, nor in 16 (this after someone in New Zealand slipped and called her "President".) So on one hand, it could be a moot point. On the other hand, she *could* change her mind and run.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 2:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• hmm... i think that could be an interesting ticket. Clinton would have an easy time winning in 16 if the economy bounced back with her as VP. and it would make Obama's re-election campaign a lot better for the Dems who arent happy w/ him.

almost anyone would be better than Biden as VP.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• JFK being the youngest (in recent history)

Teddy Roosevelt was the youngest.

If Hillary is going to run, she launched her campaign when she said the massive debt Obama has gotten us in, is bad for national security.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2010