burry vision

So I have the what to expect when expecting book and in it says to let your doctor know about burry vision.. its it continues. Then it says what to expect this month (not particularly this month just on the monthly expectations) and blurry vision is one of them. So I don't know if to ask about it or not. My vision is blurred even when I wear my contacts or glasses.. not both eyes at once it switches and it goes on for a few days.. what would it mean anyways what would that be a sign of?

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It can be a sign of pre-eclampsia, along with high blood pressure, headaches, light-headedness, protein in urine, among others. That's why they say to bring it up.

But pregnancy also changes your vision, which is why they say not to get new glasses/contacts prescriptions while pregnant.

If that's your only symptom -- i.e., no other reason to worry about high blood pressure or anything related -- it's probably just due to the pregnancy in general. But still bring it up with your doctor to make sure.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It can be a typical sign of pregnancy, or a sign of something worse. If your blood pressure has been ok throughout your pregnancy, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• You might mention it to your doctor and see what they say. I think they say in WTE that you need to call if the blurry vision is sudden. If you have any other signs of high blood pressure (I think that's why vision would blur) like seeing spots, swelling, headaches, abdominal pain under your right lower ribs; then I would definitely give your doctor a call.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would call and find out what is causing the problem. It could be blood pressure. But when pregant with last child I did not think anything was wrong but iron count dropped to 7 and very low. I had to be put in the hospital for blood transfusions. Call is in doubt no question is a dumb one when pregent and that is what the doctor is for so I would give them a call.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would still bring it up with your doctor. Just see what he thinks.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 3:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2010