Too sensitive??

How do you handle people who are already criticizing your parenting, even though your baby isn't even born yet? I'm on bed rest due to super imposed pre eclampsia and a short cervix, and becuase I've been craving Chick-Fil-A and my husband brings it home to me, I was recently told I'm a horrible parent and I'm killing my child becuase the Chick-Fil-A is only going to raise my blood pressure which will kill my unborn son..I know her reasoning is crazy, and my doctor said I'm fine, and eat what I want, but it still bothers me. How do you get over rude people like that?

Erin_Jus

Asked by Erin_Jus at 12:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh Erin, this is just the beginning. Ppl are going to give you way more advise than you could possibly need and all very conflicting at times. Your job as a new parent is to follow your MDs advice and then follow your own instincts. For everybody else, listen, stay polite and then completely ignore their advice when it has no validity.
    happycboys

Answer by happycboys at 2:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Just ignore them.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• SHUT UP!! I cant believe that!! Just let it go, thats not going to be te last time. I love how people think they know better about your own children!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• You pay absolutely no attention to them. If your doctor says it's okay, then it's okay, and the opinions of others are of no consequence.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• ignore it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• just ignore rude people If the doc says it ok then do it , and congrats on the lil baby boy!
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 1:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2010