Which military branch would/have you joined?

When I was in high school, I wanted to join the Air Force. Three years after high school, I realized I was too heavy and joined the Navy for four years.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 1:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• I was in the Navy for 10 years. My husband was in the Navy for 6 years.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:31 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I never wanted to be in the military myself, but my hubby was an O in the Navy for 7 years. I thoroughly enjoyed being a Navy wife and miss it quite a bit.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I was going to join the military after DS was born but I wouldn't sign over custody of him to do it. I was going to join the Marine Corps.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• None, I'm a pacifist.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Navy, i could not stand the thought of giving custody of my kiddos to my ex either though. wish i had married a military man.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I never wanted to be in the military but my Dad was in the Army - Infantry. My oldest son wanted to be in the Army but went to college instead. My youngest son is IN the Army - Infantry (his choice) and attends college under ROTC program. So he figured out a way to have both worlds....LOL! So its the...ARMY!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 1:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I wanted to be in the National Guards but with my knees the way they are, I wouldn't be able to keep up.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 8:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Joining a particular branch has to suit your needs for that lifestyle. A background history helps you decide.

How do people decide what branch of military to join?

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• None.
    Brenna

Answer by Brenna at 7:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I considered being a Navy nurse but just couldn't bear the thought of reliquishing my freedom to come and go as I pleased.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2010