Do your kids chew on their blankets?

My daughter likes the suck/chew on her special blanket. The down side to it being the hemming is slowly coming off. She's slept with it every night for the last four years.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 1:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes my son who is now 4 chewed the heck out of his bear blanket that he has had since birth. He still sleeps with the bear blanket but no longer chews on it like he used to. He stopped chewing on it around 3ish i believe. he really tore it up though. He chewed the hands open and the stuffing came out there as well as the ears. He's still very loyal to it though and I would never replace it even if i could! He adores it! My daughter has a mini blankie and a small bear blankie too since birth but has never chewed on them, she is 2 now. She just loves to cuddle and sleep with them.
    2Kiddos2Sweet

Answer by 2Kiddos2Sweet at 3:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• mine doesnt suck on the blanket, but she takes the tag (wash care instructions and "made w/ new material") and rubs it under her nose. has done that since she was an infant. now, my ds who is 3 months old is starting to chew on blankets.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 1:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Not constantly, or even on a daily basis, but yes, they've all gone through, or are currently going through, that stage. Only my oldest's actually chewed through the blanket - she went through 3 of them.
    Anonymous

• Same here, usually the corner
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 12:24 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• None of my children.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes, my older one did. It's totally gross. She grew out of it eventually.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:48 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• TAGS! My son si all about tags, he likes the tags on the toys better than the toys themselves lol. =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:32 AM on Nov. 10, 2010