does any of you have a child that is lactose intolerant?

how did you know?

SapphireRose85

Asked by SapphireRose85 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Health

• My kids have a casein intolerance. Casein is the milk protein, lactose is the milk sugar. They have huge behavior issues when they have casein. The only way to know is to cut it out for a couple of months then re-introduce it ans see what happens. We use coconut milk, since soy is a common allergy and genetically modified. Good luck!
    bamsmom2001

Answer by bamsmom2001 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I am. I girl is somewhat one. she has lots of constipation and problems with bowels working. So she is to cut back on dairy. I would just watch and see if any of the above problems or even stomach aches after having dairy foods.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My son had the polar opposite.Anytime Gray got milk,yogurt,ice cream,or ANYTHING too cheesy he had diarreaha that blisters his hiney nearly on contact :( We stock up on Silk! My little guy did have belly aches too when consuming dairy..its pitiful :(
    Mrs.Minyard09

Answer by Mrs.Minyard09 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• my youngest daughter would get the "runs" after having dairy so I brought her to a specialist and had her tested for allergies, turned out she was also allergic to dogs
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2010