cupcakes can be frozen

My daughter and I have a birthday today. We usually get an ice cream cake but she wanted I carly and did not have. So we got a cake out of cupcakes at walmart cause they did have icarly. But to many cupcakes. 5 of us and 24 cupcakes. My question is can I freeze the left overs?

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 1:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Cakes that have not been iced freeze very well. I would be leery of freezing ones that already have icing on them. You can refrigerate them though and they will keep a long time. Just be sure to seal them up very tightly to keep the air from getting to them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yes
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Read other answers here.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Not frosted ones, the frosting gets yucky. If they were unfrosted I would do it. You could always ask at the bakery or if there are enough, send them to school for her class or for the teachers to enjoy in the staff lounge.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Just about everything on earth can be frozen, as long as you do it the right way. Something like the cupcakes you should flash-freeze first - put them uncovered on a cookie sheet in the middle of the freezer. After they set up, then put them in layers of plastic and/or paper to keep them from getting freezer burn. The less air is trapped inside the wrapping with them, the better shape they'll be in when they thaw.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I agree; the frosting gets gross. Keep them in the fridge as long as you can and have them for dessert.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2010