how do you know when it is time to quit trying and call it quits with your spouse?

SapphireRose85

Asked by SapphireRose85 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• You will know...it is when your just emotionally wiped out/tired and fed up..it is when your actually ready to step away and start life over. When you can walk away and not have any regrets.

wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• For me, it would be when one of us dies!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Everyone has different levels of "I cant take it any more"... my top level ended when I started being hit & cheated on. So Im not sure what yours may be but I do believe that everyone has a dont cross that line...level. My advice is to work thru it if you can because usually when you trade the old one off the new one is worse. Not always, but usually. You may trade faces but not problems. Relationships are hard, but thats why they are so important. Good Luck sweetie.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 1:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• When one of us dies or if he loses his mind and commits adultery. Once I may be able to forgive. If it happens a second time, trust is broken and I don't know that it can be mended again. Other than that, we work out our problems. Even if my husband refused to work things out, I would try for a long time. Marriage is a contract that should not be taken lightly.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:22 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I really would love to help but I am in the same boat with kids and no income. But I can friend invite you and be there for you when you need it. I would say if you really can not work things out then you might want to go. But you have to do what is right for you. Make sure you can live on your own. But you can only do so much and let him do some of the work. I will be here if need me.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I think if you have given it everything you have to try to make things work but, you are living your life Unhappy then it's time to Quit!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 1:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• til you just cant do it anymore.....
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Depends on the person and the problem. I stuck it out for many yrs till I couldnt take it anymore. He was "hookin up" and "friending" females online, when I finally had enough and left, he acted like the innocent who didn't do anything cause he "didn't actually cheat" in his terms, meaning no actual physcial contact. It was BS!! after the seperation I found out something that had I found it out when it started like 15 or so yrs ago i would have left him then and seen him in jail!! I do feel sometimes that had I not doubted myself and left after the second time, I would have saved a lot of wasted years, and protected my Daughter.
    double.shot

Answer by double.shot at 1:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• If you have to ask that question that should tell you.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2010