Carpet Stains? adult content

I have a 2 year old,and a soldier husband who comes in with nasty boots! I've rented a carpet cleaner once before and it made my carpet look GREAT but I would like a few tips to avoid having to rent one almost every other month! lol. I've as of the moment have a big blue paint stain(2yrold),grease at my front door(hubby),dark eyeshadow(my own fault!) and just everyday little spill stains. I'm voting I'm gonna rent another carpet cleaner before christmas but if you have a suggestion to fix these stains LET ME KNOW lol. I've tried scrubbing,using hand soap etc. I'm just at my wits end!

Mrs.Minyard09

Asked by Mrs.Minyard09 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Borax is amazing stuff.... it can be found in the laundry aisle and is usually the 20 mule team brand... It will lift pretty much any stain out of the carpet without hurting the carpet... and it is a mineral that they haul out of the earth so it is all natural. My son just recently got into the borax box and ate some so I freaked and called poison control. They said it is a lot like salt so to keep him hydrated, and he probably would throw up and have the runs, but other than that he would be safe, so it isn't poisonous for kids... As far as the cleaner... shop around thrift stores... I just was able to get a really nice hoover steam cleaner at our local thrift store for $16! Also if the borax doesn't work, mix baking soda and cream of tartar into a paste with water, let it sit on the stain, then use vinegar to wipe it up... fizzy but effective!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 2:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• for tough stains I usually sprinkle baking soda on it then spray some vinegar on it to let it foam up. I let it sit for a while then wipe it up. takes a few tries sometimes but it works and it's safe
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• go to Home Depot, down the aisle with the cleaners they have a stain remover in a white spray bottle called FOLEX. It works great and we use it on tough stains in our carpet cleaning business.

You can look at the website as well at: www.FOLEX.org
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2010