Are there any college degree programs that do not require college algebra?

I've never done well in college algebra and I want to be able to get my degree in SOMETHING. Even a two-year degree will be fine at this point. I've done online college and physical college, and I've found that online college is a bad idea for me.

Any ideas?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 1:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in

• I can't think of a major that won't require basic algebra. You can go to your college tutoring center for help.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• EVERY college degree will require atleast a basic college ALGEBRA class. It may only be one, but it's a general ed requirement. I am going into Social Work and I had a basic Algebra class and a statistic class and that is all. Any medical or science program will have more math class requirements.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Every degree requires math. (:
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Even an art major must have elementary and intermediate algebra. Best to buckle down and just tackle the classes.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:14 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I've taken college algebra three different times and failed every time. The last time, I had a math tutor (it was long distance) and it helped a little bit. The thing that I've noticed is that when I'm in class, I get it. No problems, When I go home to do the homework and when I take the tests (even if it's open book/notes), I still fail. I get how to do the equations and come to a correct answer, but it's not THE correct answer. I've double checked later to look up the proper equation to use for the problem and I've used the correct equation. I've used the correct numbers/variables where they're supposed to go. I still get the wrong answer.

It's just really disheartening.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I never had to take a math class and I went to a pretty good school. Thankfully they lumped science & math departments together so that those of us who were considerably math challenged could take a psych class to satisfy the requirements.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 8:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Which school was that?
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 9:12 AM on Nov. 8, 2010