How often do clean your carpet and what do you use??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 1:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I vacuum my carpet every day if not twice a day with this amazing little stick vaccuum by dirt devil. But I try and steam clean my carpet once a week and I use a vinegar/water solution- half and half - because it has amazing germ killing and cleaning effect on the carpet... I was able to find a steam cleaner for $16 at a thrift store. If there is a stain, I use borax, which is found in the laundry aisle, or a baking soda/cream of tartar mix 3/1 ratio (water is the paste maker) and then wipe it up with vinegar...
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 2:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Two times a year and we have a Rug Doctor
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:23 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Monthly/And the Rug Doctor that we own
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My husband and I own a carpet cleaning business using a low moisture method (steam cleaning machines can lead to mold and mildew growth in your carpet and carpet pad)! We will use it in our home in the Fall and again in the Spring. It also helps with the indoor air quality.

I vacuum twice a week
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Have new carpeting, and they told us to wait one year before cleaning. Only two of us here.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2010