Easier dinners

Help! We are a busy family, and I find if I don't plan ahead we end up eating fast food several times a week! Anyone know any great books, sites, or other ideas that can help me plan ahead for easy meals. I am not a great cook, so it has be be pretty simple, and I have at least one picky eater.

happycboys

Asked by happycboys at 1:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Health

• I write down the meals that are easiest to prepare and are cost efficient so I dont have to resort to fast food. Tacos is cheap,just ground beef or turkey our family loves it with turkey head of lettuce tomatoes and cheese nothing else, nice and easy. I also watch food network to see whats cookin, sometime I have to leave out this or that but its still helpful.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 2:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I love crock pot cooking, esp. this time of year.
    For working moms there's no better feeling than dinner being ready when you walk in the door in the evening!
    You can also use cheaper cuts of meat to save on the grocery bill. The slow moist cooking does wonders at making the meat tender!

One of our favs right now is dice up a ham steak or ham leftovers, peel and slice some apples, drain a can of yams. Put it in the crock pot. Then I make a glaze of orange juice and brown sugar. Not much maybe a half cup. A quick tossed salad or the leftover sides from last night and it's good to go.
    Cookbooks, I LOVE 'taste of home' magazine!!
    The ingredients called for are things I usually have in my pantry. No shopping for exotic spices and things I'll never use again.
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 2:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I will figure out the meat, and then what to go with it..then write down the days of the week and what will be made on those days and also I use the crockpot ALOT!
    theres a website called recipedirect.net and dinnertool.com
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Sloppy Joes!
    CCMom123BetsyR

Answer by CCMom123BetsyR at 12:47 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• On a weekly basis, we cycle through spaghetti, cheeseburger pie, chili mac, tomato soup and grilled cheese, oven-fried chicken, pork chops, cut up hot dogs with mac cheese... not always super healthy, but they're quick enough. You can also go to the Campbell's website for dinner ideas.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Crock pot meals are best for busy families I think
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2010