Are there any legit work from home ops out there?

I was laid off in July, and I am having an awful time trying to find work. Is there any legit work from home opportunities out there? Something that doesn't cost an arm, leg, and child to get into.

MaggieNSamsMom

Asked by MaggieNSamsMom at 2:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes there are, www.wahm.com is a great resource.... work at home moms.... Since I can write though, I went online and found magazines I can write for and get paid by article, and have also started a poetry writing business... kind of like 1-800-flowers, except personalized poems... My best advice is to ask you to think about what you are good at... art, writing, organizing, training, teaching, etc. whatever your personal talent is... and to try and think of how you can use that to make an income... Also, knowing the difference between a work at home job and a work at home business is very important. Work at home jobs pay you to do the work... work at home businesses you have to pay to get into.... I wish I had known that when I started my search....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 2:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Oh, and if you want resources to have your own website for free... or a list of jobs that are really great... contact me on my cafemom profile...
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 2:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I have a Blog with lots of ideas and opportunities:  Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Atleast 90% are bogus but this dumbass site won't let me tell you about mine I tried to tell someone the other day and CM deleted it as spam.
    Anonymous

• Yes, but it's a home based business opportunity. Guy and Eva jewelry is legitimate, with a wide open playing field, as there aren't many advisors yet. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg, but if you join this year, you can claim the cost of your kit on your taxes when you file them :) So, in essence, you do get your money back-----I made it back within 3 weeks anyhow--but the tax deduction is always a plus :)

http://www.guyandeva.com/polly

Message me if you have any questions..

romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 6:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• romanceparty4u.....lol I had never heard of Guy and Eve and the first time I saw you mention it you said "I'm a Guy and Eva Rep" and I thought you were saying "I'm a guy (as in man) and a Eva rep (as in some company named just Eva) Hehehehe
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Avon is only $10 to start I believe. And I am with YOLI. A one time distributor fee of $40 then monthly autoship as low as $30. I know there are many more, but just do your research on anything you come across. I was always so anxious to get something started way back when I started looking for work from home that I even started with something on the internet as it sounded so great, just to cancel it the very same day since I didn't do any research and found out they needed more money once you got in there. More than once I did this!! Live and learn!! At least I found where I want to be now! Good luck in whatever you find!!
    jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 9:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I'm sorry about you getting laid off. :-( I must say your post "Something that doesn't cost an arm, leg, and child to get into" made me laugh. I've heard of arm and a leg, but I think it's hilarious you added a child as well. Anyway, I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 20 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 11:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• www.welovejuiceplus.com
    $50 start up fee includes your website, virtual office, brochures, flip books, CD's, DVD's and starter guide.
    Juice plus is a great product and the company is such a pleasure to work with.
    Contact me if you'd like more info.
    You share Juice Plus with people and the comapny does everything else. It's worth looking into and giving it a try.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 3:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I've been making extra money at home for about 4 yrs now, I've ran across lots of scams and found some really reliable places. You can read my list at Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2010