Single Mom?

Is being a single mom a good idea? How does it actually effect the child? I am still with my babies father and she is three months old. I am considering leaving. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• I was a single mom.. and my oldest is a happy and healthy girl. I don't think there is anything harmful to the child by being a single mother, if you are a good mom and provide for the child, then it's not an issue. It is though hard on the parent. Now that I am no longer a single mom I find myself much happier than i was. If I'm happier, then my kids are happier. It's what you can handle I guess. I had family help me with my oldest, I wasn't completely alone in raising her.. some women are and it's not exactly what they signed on for. If you think life with just two will be way better than with 3.. then hey go for it. Your child woun't know the difference.
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 8:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I think it's better for the child to see a single parent happy, alone,Then two parent house not happy together..Good kuck.

Answer by louise2 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2008