Is it rude to make something for yourself to eat and not anyone else?

My husband always cooks up his own breakfast and never offers to cook up a few extra eggs for me or the kids. If your going to cook 3 eggs why not 3 more?
Sometimes it bugs me sometimes it doesn't. Afterall if I cooked my own breakfast and none for anyone else everyone would be mad.

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 2:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ugh my hubby does stuff like that too... it is like HELLO can you at least ask if we want something also and like you said he would be upset and my son would go hungry if I tried that. You will have to let us know his reaction if you turn the tables on him lol.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• In that circumstance Yes! Very Rude!
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It would only NOT be rude if everyone was still sleeping when he cooked his own breakfast. but if the family is up, he should at least offer it! I never cook myself anything without offering those around if they would like some as well.
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 2:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yes but sometimes we have to train men like we do children since their mothers didn't. Tell him to at least ask if others want some. Then tell him over and over until he gets it right.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yeah, for something like eggs I would probably see if anyone else wanted some too, so I guess I would expect others to do the same. Other breakfast foods or snacks, I probably wouldn't care. Also, depending on what time we each woke up in the morning, sometimes we eat breakfast or lunch at slightly different times, but we usually eat dinner together. My husband is often awake much earlier than I am, so usually he's already eaten and had his coffee before my son and I wake up. It's nice to offer or ask if they're hungry if they're right there though.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• To me it depends on the order its done. Our schedules get so shifted around here that it's common for us all to cook for ourselves, but if you know someone else hasn't eaten, you at least offer. If it's me getting home an hour after I know DH and DS ate, I'm not offering because I know DS would say yes, even though he just ate.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yes it is rude unless he offered to make you something, now if it is just a bowl of cereal or a poptart or something simple I would not be offended.
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 2:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yeah that seems kind of selfish. My DH always asks if I want anything if he's making something. Although I can't stand how he makes his eggs so it's always a NO. LOL
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yes,rude.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• In this situation, yes it is rude. Your husband should cook for everyone. I like you idea though.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2010