Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Bumps

Does anyone know any resources

I am a military wife, whos husband is stationed in NC and hes engaged to another woman, and now im facing homelessness with my children and his command is completely condoning this, im scared and alone and I dont know what to do... does anyone know who I can talk to, to get help?

Answer Question

Asked by crissyrich80 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

Level 2 (7 Credits)
Answers (15)
  • An attorney.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • I would say go higher up the chain! If you are his wife then you have rights in the military that a person he got engaged to while you were married doesn't!

    Answer by momof2redhedz at 2:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • If you guys are still married, then don't divorce him. Refuse to sign the papers until he helps you get a home for your children. It is his responsibility as a parent to make sure the kids are taken care of. I wish you all the best of luck. If you are on a limited income, check out You pay a monthly fee for legal services. Not sure what all they cover, but it is worth checking into. GOOD LUCK, again!

    Answer by MaggieNSamsMom at 2:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • He is married to you and engaged to another person? Oh honey, I think you need to call an attorney. Are the children your & his or just yours? If he is the father then child support will be in order. And No his command has absolutely nothing to do with the private lives of the serving comrades. His command is not there to baby sit him or you. Sorry hun.
    Now for resources. Try the food stamp office. They will also have a "help" list of others willing to help you. They wont support you but they will help a little to help you help yourself. Your local churches also help. There are HUD housing as well. But the first place I suggest to look is at the food stamp office.

    Answer by lacyjones at 2:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • Ive written my congressman, and the president even contacted the media. It appears that the saying " im untouchable" from my husband is correct, i always thought he was lame for saying that but he says he can do what he wants when he wants and there is nothing no one will do about it. His command things im crazy because he has convinced them im money hungry. First of all military pay is really horrible, but im the mother of his kids, I have to be out of my house by the 1st and got no one I can lean on hes burned all my bridges. And the marine corps is telling me to look up local homeless shelters. Im sickened about all this.

    Comment by crissyrich80 (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • go up the chain of command. and contact an attorney. he is legally requiered to support his children and you if you're not divorced. with some attorneys the first meeting is free.

    Answer by binker55 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • look into low income housing ...the smaller towns have shorter waiting lists

    Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • Are you legally divorced and being forced out of base housing? Is he paying child support? Need more info to be able to help with this.

    Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • no we rented off base because I couldnt handle base housing any longer, aside from him sleeping with woman around me. I felt like I was the laughin stalk. so we moved away then got into a house 7 months later he got orders to Cherry Pt. I have legal obligations here with my oldest from my previous marriage it was either leave her behind and go with him or visa versa. So he is paying me back for not going with him. Which is fine but OUR kids are suffering from his neclect. His command told him to stop paying my rent.. so he complied. And now I have no place to go. He ows most my family money in which he borrowed behind my back.. its a mess

    Comment by crissyrich80 (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • His command can not tell him to stop paying your rent, that is bs . But if you are legally divorced he has no obligation to pay your rent unless you have a court order saying that he does. You need an attorney, that is the only way to solve this. And if he is not paying child support you have your attorney send a letter to DFAS and they will take the support out of pay and it will be sent to you.

    Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Home & Garden
Carpet Stains? adult content

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Baby fever!!