18 month old drama boy

i am 20 weeks 2 days along n my pregnancy n my son is 18 months old weighing 25 pounds n almost 3 feet tall and now more than ever he is craving my attention and wanting me to pick him up but i cant cause of my pregnancy. i try to sit down next 2 him but he wants 2 b n my lap and climb all over me n jump n my lap, i grab his hand n try 2 walk with him when he wants to b picked up but then he just throws a tempertantrum n the floor, i try to keep him occupied n busy so that he doesnt wanna b n my lap or on my hip, we play n the floor, go to the park more, take long walks but its like nothing soothes him from wanting me to pick him up or play n my lap, what can i do to get through this little fit of a issue of his?

dbarkley101306

Asked by dbarkley101306 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it most likely wont stop. I havea 2yr old and 1yr old that were all over me while I was pregnant with their brother, who is 2 months now. My 1yr old still wants to be held all the time. I just show her lots of attention and when she acts up she gets a time out or goes and sits until she calms down.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• omg ... its like really getting uncontrollable, i do time out till he calms down but he wont stay n time out he will kick the gate down n start all over again, i dont want 2 give n to his lil fits cause then he will think he can get away with everything, at daycare they say hes as normal as the day he got there, my husbands says hes fine all day when its just them at home n when i come home its bac 2 the crying n stuff, i just wonder is it just me personally cause im pregnant or is it a sepaation anxiety thing or something
    dbarkley101306

Comment by dbarkley101306 (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I got pregnant with my second son when my first was about 4 months old.... so I know what you are going through... My son was the same way while I was pregnant... someone told me he wanted to be close to me because he knew that I needed to be protected, even though he didn't exactly know why... Why don't you try what I did... instead of sitting with him where he can get into your lap, try kneeling next to him and just hugging him while he is still standing. And at those times when he starts to throw a temper tantrum, try and explain to him that you can't hold him because it will hurt you, but if he wants to be close to you, he can help you with what you are doing... He may not understand, but if he proceeds to throw himself on the ground like mine did, I would just take what I was doing and offer it to him... to help me. If you ignore his tantrum, and re-direct him, it might help.... hope this helps!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 3:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• thanks alot momof2redhedz i will definently try that
    dbarkley101306

Comment by dbarkley101306 (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2010