How did you tell you husband/family and friends that you are pregnant?

Did you do it in a special way or just just plain and simple said I am pregnant?
:-)

LittleBirdFly

Asked by LittleBirdFly at 2:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my last baby I woke up one morning hearing a voice in my head to take a test, it was weird so I went to the bathroom, unwrapped a test and left the results on the edge of the tub......when i came out of the bathroom my husband said he heard a wrapper crinkling and thought i was unwrapping a pad and he was all bummed out so I told him to go look at the results. He was so excited he went and bought 3 more tests just to be sure.
    We didn't tell the kids until my first ultrasound and showed them the pictures, the families were all called.

I guess if I had to do it again I would send out little booties to those closest to me without a note or anything, just let them guess
    Anonymous

• I just had my husband come in the bathroom and look at the HPT, but he said, "Ooook... What am I looking at?" With the DIRECTIONS right next to the test!!! HA! I am going to give my mom a onsie for Christmas that says boy or girl.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 3:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• When I found out I was pregnant with our third child, our second child was only 9 months old. So I sent a text msg to my husband that read: "I may be small, but I'm going to be a big brother. - Love, Si" That shocked the heck outta my DH!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I knew for a day.. I was afraid to tell him cause we were having "issues". Well I woke him up when his alarm went off at 530am and asked him to get up now instead of hitting the snooze button, and he asked why. im like I need to talk to .. he says "about?" and I proceeded to tell him that when he asked me if I should be starting soon and im like yeah, it made me think and i took a test... he says so you think your pregnant? im like no I dont think I am.. he says oookkiii. gets up has a smoke, showers eats and takes a SHOT at 6am.... then well he turned into a douch... for a little while.. freain out.. so on. i can go on and on.... lol
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 5:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My boyfriend just kinda knew I was , and he gave my mom hints that I might be and it went on from there lol .
    mamabear93

Answer by mamabear93 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• my husband bust n the bathroom on me at 2am and saw it b4 i did, but we waited till we got our 1st ultrasound at 12 weeks b4 we told any1 else
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• with my first i told him over the phone...which i regret! i really wish i would've told him in person. With the second one i showed him the test from the doctors office. he said whats this? i said i'm pregnant.
    bcbmami

Answer by bcbmami at 11:56 AM on Nov. 9, 2010