What happened the day you found out you were pregnant?

I actually just had one of the biggest arguments with my husband ever... he comes home later than night apologizing just after the fact I took the test 10 minutes before he came home. I was in for quite a shock. I didn't tell him the next night when I knew for sure everything was cooled off. Let me tell you, it was the last thing I thought I was.

soulmeetsbody19

Asked by soulmeetsbody19 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• My mom (R.I.P) bought me a clearblue test the three pack with a extra 2, She pointed to the bathroom after she took me home and demanded I peed.....I took that test I took that test five times... I just gawked at it... for atleast half an hour with my pants at my ankles my DH came over to mom's (she called him at work) and I walked out handed him the pee coverd swizzle stick and congraulated him on a early fathers day (three days before) My mom jumped up happily ( at like 58 lol ) " I KNEW IT!" she cried and made us a dinner feast.
    DH just kinda sat there stunned. I have never had food that looked so nice but due to shock tasted so bland.

Sorry it was so long. I just remember it vividly .
    Nerdymama

Answer by Nerdymama at 8:54 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• with my third child i took a test and held it in front of my husband waiting for a reaction and he asked me why i was waving my pee in his face LMAO!!!
    mikenjess

Answer by mikenjess at 3:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• With the first I woke him up with the pee stick with 2 lines and told him congrats.
    The second I made a cake and wrote "Baby #2 is on the way"
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 4:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• The first time I was just shy of 17 and the guy who I would marry was really happy but I was really scared.... because my mom had no idea I had a bf and I kept him a secret because he was 22
    the 2nd time he was in denial
    the 3rd time I blurted it out that I was pregnant during an argument...because I knew it would shut him up and get him to quit being so mad at me
    the 4th time was with my new husband and it was really a nice surprise because we had been trying for months
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• With my first, I went to the doc to get a refill on the pill, came home pregnant! My DH was my boyfriend at the time and in complete denial. Once he found out we were having a boy, though, he was happy.
    With my second, I warned my husband I was ovulating but the boy just wouldn't listen!! We weren't really trying for a second one, but weren't really preventing it, either. This time around, I was in complete denial and took 5 tests, all positive. So then I called the doctor's office to ask them for a blood test to make REALLY sure, and the nurse says to me on the phone "well, 5 positive home pregnancy tests mean you're pregnant, we don't need to do a blood test".
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i cried when i found out that i was pregnant...
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 4:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• baby #1 - we were excited - his family not so much, my family yes.
    Baby #2 - everyone excited
    baby #3 - everyone excited
    baby #4 - (divorced but dating) - I was in shock, he was in denial until 3 months before she was born...she was still born, he wasn't there due to travel time (lived almost 4 hours away)...he acted all upset...havent spoke to him in 4 months....guess it didnt really bother him....
    princess1973

Answer by princess1973 at 7:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• 1st i was found out called him to get his brother calling me back 10 min later to tell me he didnt answer bc he was in jail in florida.. on july 4th.. not a big surprise and put up with his crap until she was born and left him
    2nd we had been trying for about a month and i got him a really sweet card that played the suga pie honey bun song and told him how much i loved him and was so glad he was in our lives and loved watching him be daddy to her and knows he would continue to be an amazing daddy to our new baby who is now on the way.. he cried (his first)
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• With my first I had stayed home from work because I was so tired and thought I was coming down with the flu. My dh is the one who suggested a pregnancy test. I almost fainted when it was positive. With my second child I was in denial! it took 3 home tests and an ultra sound before I accepted it! But it did explain how I was gaining weight while exercising and eating healthy! lol
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• With my second, my husband had been laid off 2 mo prior. I was on vacation at the lake with our 1st and my mom. We spoke on the phone and traded happy news! We were due in March and he just got a job that started right out of the gate with 30 hrs OT a week for about 7 weeks!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 7:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2010