Any of you out here hunt (deer) with your husband, SO?

Muzzler loader or bow and arrow?
I'd like to learn more and try it. Gun safety, tracking, all of it.
Who taught you?
I'd get a kick out of beating the hub at a 'male' sport ha

adopteeme

Asked by adopteeme at 3:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I've never thought about it, but my dh just told me it would be hot to see me hunt, so you never know. :)
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I'm still waiting. I didn't grow up with guns around, so I'm waiting til our older 2 kids are old enough for hunter safety, then I'll take that with them (have to take a course before getting a licence in Iowa). Don't know if I'll choose bow & arrow or shotgun though, since I've never really tried either one! I do know though, that at least the first time I eventually go out, I'm going to have a hard time shooting anything - unless we're really desperate for some meat! DH will teach me everything - and if I bag a trophy before he does we will never live it down - especially if I get one with bow & arrow!
    Anonymous

• They offer gun safety classes. Call your local sporting goods store and they can tell you where they have them.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I've been out with hubs hunting, just never armed myself. I've helped him drag them out and knock them out of their skin. It's not too bad
    that I can't do that part. Think I'm more concerned with gun safety. And I do feel much better eating Bambi than hunting under florscent lights at Safeway. I shiver at what they can do to the animals and meat before we get it. Like chickens injected with salt water for flavor and extra weight that I pay for!
    adopteeme

Comment by adopteeme (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2010