How would you respond if ur hubby made this comment.

so my son went in the kitchen and stole my spicy chicken sandwich that I just bought off the counter and started to eat it and I told him that he had just eaten and that mommy hadn't eaten yet. So the SO says to let him have the sandwich and I tell SO that he just ate and I hadn't yet. And he says that I will be alright that it wouldn't hurt to miss a meal! I was like WTF!?!? I am a heavy girl and have been so all my life way before I met him. I haven't even gained any extra weight after having 2 kids I can still wear clothes from high school (8 yrs ago)! I don't know what to say to that without losing it and I can't just tell him it hurt my feelings cuz he will just say I'm being too sensitive!

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I would tell my dh he hurt my feelings and I don't appreciate being contradicted in front of the kids.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 3:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• UM, I think ,I would tell him to kiss my a$$.....
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 3:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I think I would have taken the sandwich and cut a piece off for my kid and then eaten the rest. And remind my child it isn't nice to just help oneself to something unless they ask which really is fair. Since you said he had already eaten, most kids can't finish something after having had a meal already so it would make you look like a parent that cared but cared enough to teach a lesson as well.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would be really hurt by a comment like that. There is no excuse for it. And I would tell him that it hurt my feelings and he should hold back any similar comments in the future. If he tells you that you are being too sensitive, tell him you only wish he would be more sensitive to you.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• first, id remind him that he was teaching our kid to be rude & undermining me & that i didnt need his help (especially if he's going to give in to a kid). then, id tell him that i wouldnt be cooking dinner cause obviously the whole family would be just fine missing a meal or two OR at the next meal i would dish out the meal and then give his plate to our kid...since the kid obviously needs it more.

but im kinda vindictive and a little bitchy since im pregnant.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Hmmm... I think I would have responded by saying something along the lines of 'Bite me, your the one that married a fat girl. What you couldn't do any better? Love you to sweet heart.' BTW I am a big girl to. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• some thing you have to say is it worth it to be upset over .
    markeba

Answer by markeba at 3:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My first response is to tell him he could stand to miss a meal the next time it is time to make him dinner.
    I would tell him his comment was uncalled for and hurt my feelings. Also all that suff about being a bad role model for the kids the other ladies said.
    What a crapburger thing to say!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 3:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would be hurt and tell him that u don't need to be mean!! Is he perfect?? Is he lazy,mean,does not take regular showers or use deodorant every day? There has to be something u can get him on.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i would say obviously not asshole cuz im still hungry..=]
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 4:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2010