Is there any kindergarteners that still take a nap?

My daughter will be 5 in a couple of weeks and still takes a 2 hour nap everyday. I am just wondering about next year when she starts kindergarten. She will be having to get up alot earlier so I doubt she will need to stay up as late and therefore not need a nap. Just curious.......

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 4:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Some full day kindergarden classes take a nap, but not at our school. My son is in kindergarden. He takes a nap if we drive somewhere, but not everyday.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 4:03 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Shoot, I wish! My son is in kindergarten, and hasn't taken a nap since he was about two years old, if that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My son is in Kindergarten and they lay their heads on their desk for the last 50 mnutes of the day. Some fall asleep some dont.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 4:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• my kindergardener just turned 5 and a half last month and she goes to all day kindergarden every day Monday through Friday. She stopped taking a nap at 18 months, but I think that is because we moved into a new place at that time and the place we lived in before this place her room was pitch black because of where her window was located. So then we moved here and her room is light now. I always however put her in her room for quiet time and even now on the weekends I do. My other daughter will be 3 in 2 months she still naps however and I will continue to let her nap as long as she will or until she starts school which will be at 5 and then she will also have quiet times when she isn't in school lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• oh ya my daughter doesn't take naps in kindergarden, but she does however have to lay her head down I think for like a half hour
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My daughter did, yes. She took a 1 hour "rest" in the afternoons. Some days, she'd fall asleep. Other days, she'd read quietly tucked under the covers on ber bed. Either way, she was required to take a one hour rest ... and it was a great habit! It allowed her to be up and well-behaved during other normal activities and to enjoy herself because she wasn't all worn out. It taught her to let her body rest and do quiet activities even when she didn't feel like sleeping. We never changed her bedtime based on naps, bedtime remained 8 pm as it is now.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My son's K for the first half of the year had a 30 'rest' time.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• not in this house or in miltary school district
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2010