pregnancy n my kitten

i am 20 weeks 2 days along n my pregnancy n i have no1 to help me clean behind my kitten that is about 4 months old, any suggestions on what i can do besides get rid of her or is that the bestthing 4 me 2 do is give her up ???

dbarkley101306

Asked by dbarkley101306 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't give her a way. My DH does it when I am pregnant. First what I would do is see if dh/so can do it if that isn't possible I would ask a friend or family member to help, but if that still isn't an option then I would just put gloves on my hands and put something over my mouth and nose while cleaning it. Something in the cat (don't remember if it is in the pee or poop), but anyway it isn't good to inhale while pregnant it can harm the unborn baby so I would do that and then when you are done wash your hands real good.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• You don't have to give her up as long as you're careful. You should use gloves when cleaning her litter box, and make sure you thoroughly wash your hands after you pet her or touch anything cat related, but think of all the medical benefits to having pets! They're medically proven to calm you down & lower your blood pressure. Our challenge with having cats came after our daughter was born and always having to remember to keep the baby room door shut because they will jump in the crib. It is possible they could suffocate baby or scratch them, which was not a risk we wanted to take. Just be smart & safe about it & you'll be fine. Our daughter is 2 1/2 now and has a better respect for animals because she's used to being around them. She learned 'gentle' very early on!
    grace727

Answer by grace727 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Try to have someone else clean it like hiring a teenager in the neighborhood pay him like 5 or 10 bucks a week to come clean it 2 or 3 times a week.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• do you care more for your unborn child or a damn animal
    Anonymous

• Wear gloves and mask when cleaning cat litter. Then wash your hand good when done.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• wow i am sorry i have been noticing that people are very very rude on here latly Anonymous needs to grow up or get off this site that is not okay well i have 2 kittens and 1 cat and i am 5 weeks preg and i have my husband d the litter but its a great idea to get a neighborhood kid to do it and pay them. congrats and keep your head up dont let these rude imature ppl put you down.
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 9:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• thanks every1
    dbarkley101306

Comment by dbarkley101306 (original poster) at 6:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i know someone who didn't have anyone to clean up after her cat while she was pregnant. Her daughter was blind when she was born. I suggest you try and find someone or see if a relative will keep the kitten til after you have your baby. Good Luck!
    bcbmami

Answer by bcbmami at 11:52 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Thanks for asking this question. We are getting 2 kittens for christmas and I know my dh won't clean the litter boxes. I was going to ask the same quesion. Looks like its a trip to lowes for the mask for sanding to do the litter boxes or hiring a teenager ;)
    Good luck to you
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2010