Daughter dribbles in her panties after urinating?

My daughter has started dribbling in her panties after she pees for a couple weeks now. She will get done pottying and say that her panties are wet. Is she not finishing or is she not wiping good enough? Or is it something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• she may be in a hurry not finishing in the potty. Make a new rule that she must sit on the potty long enough to sing twinkle twinkle little start each time she goes. It wouldn't hurt to have her checked for a UTI.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• not finishing

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My daughter at 6 would let a little out because she didn't want to have to go to the bathroom. She was to busy. That's what she said. I told her it was gross and she stopped.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 4:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Maybe not going all the way, or wiping. My girls do that if coming down with a bladder infection.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:09 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My daughter used to hold it til the last min then run to the bathroom let out the bulk of the urine and then wipe pull up her panties and run out. I started insisting she go back and finish and low and behold each time she went back she had a good amount of urine left to release. SHe just wanted to finish quicker but stopping the flow once she was no longer desperate.
    Anonymous

• Shes not finished and thats normal, so no worries. I little fluid gets trapped in the urethral tube and when she stands up gravity pulls it out. Its hard to control. just have her sit just a little longer that may help but it will correct itself. Watch for her itching just in case it is something later on. A bladder infection can also have the same symptoms but it would hurt her to pee.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 4:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• hurrying too much. Tell her to take her time.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:22 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• She isnt finishing
    -MidnightKarma-

Answer by -MidnightKarma- at 4:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2010