Weaning

My daughter is almost 7 months...she seems to have developed an allergy to her milk based formula. I have taken her to an allergist and found that she has an issue with the milk sugar, so I can't put her on cow's milk. I am wondering what the best way to go is.

Momma2Miranda

Asked by Momma2Miranda at 4:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well, there are other places to get calcium. Leafy green veggies are a good one. Plus fortified orange juice or soy milk... You don't have to ever give cows milk is you are offering other good forms of calcium. As far a subs go. Soy is the most common and the highest in calories. There is also rice and almond.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I believe there are hypoallergenic formulas designed for this.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yes, there are soy based formula's. I though we were talking about for later... sorry.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• She does not handle soy well..and the allergy formula didn't help cause it is still made from cow's milk.
    Momma2Miranda

Comment by Momma2Miranda (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Have you seen a nutritionist. Perhaps they have a good idea. There must be an answer a lot of children are allergic to milk and soy.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I don't know much about formula, but I thought there were formulas out there for babies who couldn't have milk OR soy...amino acid based? Something like that?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Neosure is the way to go...its not cows milk or soy based its amino based..perfect for the baby with cows milk and soy sensitivities..its expensive but your LO has to have formula or BM til 12 months, no options here
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2010