Have you ever had or gone to a pmapered chef party?

If so, what did you think?

I am having one tomorrow as a favor for a friend and I don't know what to expect.

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I love Pampered Chef. Their stuff can be pricey..but it really is quality. I love their Pizza cutters more than any other I've ever tried. I also love the serving tiers they sell. The party is fun because the representative makes a dish and everyone gets to try it. Usually they use as many pampered chef utensils as possible. It's a nice way to try new things. Being a hostess is also a great way to get stuff free...or really cheap.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i'm a pampered chef consultant, so i've been to lots! i'm not a big seller, i just like for everyone to have a good time... i let friends/family socialize while i pamper them with dinner/dessert and show the items and talk about doing this as a business... i'm not a high pressue person, but i know others who are... just hold your ground and don't be talked into anything you don't want to do or buy... other than that, have a great time and enjoy the food!
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 6:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I've been to one but it was a long time ago, like 15 years ago. I really liked their products and still use the baking stone and the spatulas that I bought. Some of the items seemed pricey but they also seem to last forever.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 4:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I have had a few and been to several. I personally love their products and have a lot of them. The parties are generally fun and laid back and always nice to eat the food and see how things work, as well as get free stuff from hosting! :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I went to a couple ages ago. The quality of the stuff seemed fine, but what they had was unremarkable, and their prices were a little high for what it was. I felt like I HAD to order something because a friend had hosted the party. I stopped going to those things.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I have been to a couple! Tons of fun but it adds up quick when you buy they gagets!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 5:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I went to one several years ago and it was really fun. I received several really nice gifts for hosting the party that I still use today. Also, I got great discounts on any items I wanted to purchase. The items are kine or pricey as mentioned but well worth the money.
    dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Been to a few. Most of it is pricey though.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 6:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• The parties are fun and the products are great. But they tend to be on the spendy side. Expect most people to order the less expensive stuff but at this time of year with the holidays, you may get some nice orders for their baking pans and holiday items. Btw the less expensive stuff, like the vegetable peeler, tomato knife are excellent. I have both and love them. And the apple slicer is great too.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Wow this is such great input, thank you ladies! I am really excited for my party now! Btw, I just realized that I spelled *Pampered wrong. Doh!
    Namaste17

Comment by Namaste17 (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Nov. 6, 2010