After the 6-week Postpartum ...

I'm very nervous about how sex will be after the 6 weeks are up. Or when I'm all healed up. I just gave birth to my first son Oct. 19th, vaginally, and with a vacuum. He weighed 6lbs 3oz. and I was wondering how everyones experiences went with that 'first time'. I read many things online and i'm just scared it won't feel good and it will be 'loose' =[ I'm doing my kegals, so hopefully that helps! I know this is kind of personal but I just hope i'm not the only one worrying about this, and for nothing.

Thanks so much, everyone!

MissNadia

Asked by MissNadia at 6:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• With my boys, I had stitches with my first one...none with my 2nd. It's was just a little painful at first so we just went slow and very careful. =) It wasn't that bad... =)
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 6:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• IT'S NOT LOOSE, DON'T WORRY. IN FACT FOR ME I FELT TIGHTER THAN USUAL.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 6:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Well from an RN point of view you have nothing to worry about... it will take more than 6 weeks for things to tighten up and it most likely will hurt a little the first time! From some one who had a babby it feels better after having a baby... i didnt wait 6 weeks to have sex... i only waited 3..... its all up to you and when u feel ready....
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 6:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Yeah, I tore too.

Hmm, I've read a lot where it feels tighter than before, but how?? lol I just don't understand because I know no matter what it'll be a little bigger than before after the baby from being stretched.

Did you do the kegel exercises?
    MissNadia

Answer by MissNadia at 6:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I know a lot of people who did do the kegels but I never did. It's not that I didn't want to, but it never really crossed my mind because things were just way too busy and never really thought about it. lol
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 6:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• it was way tighter for me- for us, go really really slow, have a glass of wine before, and if it hurts too bad, stop and wait... it really wasn't that bad, but it took a few months for sex to be enjoyable again, it is sore...
    jenandandrew

Answer by jenandandrew at 6:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• try ben wah balls they work great
    Anonymous

• when i had my first, i tore really bad. They stiched me up and when we finally had sex it was aweful for me. i was so tight. Then i was preg again right away. when i delivered my dd i didnt tear and sex has been wonderful ever since. so it all depends on you. i also agree that you should take it slow to start with. good luck.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 7:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Yep oddley enough you are usually tighter than usuall after baby.... but keep up the kegals it will just help out that much more!!! I tore and had stitches with my first and it hurt alot having sex but keep in mind this was only 2 weeks post partum soooo im sure if we would have waited the 6 it woulda been totally fine!! with my two boys i only waited like 3 and 4 weeks and it was probably some of the best sex ever!!! Dont worry it will be fine just make sure you got lube and take it easy incase your still a little sore!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• It will be fine. I had a 9lb 3oz boy vaginally and with a vacuum also and my Dh and I were having sex 2 weeks after he was born ;)
    SLGross215

Answer by SLGross215 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2008