would this ruin your night?

SO told me yesterday that tonight would be our night and he would take me out to go see a movie and I got all excited since we hadn't been on a date in months. But now he just wants to rent movies and sit home with the kids in tow and he wants to know if I'm upset. Well of course I'm upset I am tired of sitting home with the kids I want to go out and be treated for once but I don't want to sound mean or bitchy since he said we can go next week when he gets paid although I somehow don't believe that either!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd be a little pissed,yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would tell him in a very nice way, that I'm disappointed because I was looking forward to having him all to myself and away from the kids for the evening.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 5:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would def be annoyed.. and i have a tendency to show it.. ooops but at least he knows
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 5:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would be upset, but keep your hopes up for next week and try to make the most of tonight.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 5:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• he may not be able to afford a night out right now and feels better suited for that when he gets paid stop whining and wait it out if he doesnt pull through then bitch him out...................
    Anonymous

• Don' t make promises you can't keep. If I plan something that just MIGHT not go through ... I wait to the very last minute to tell my husband. That way it stays a surprise and I know he's flexible enough to go with the flow (in case he had planned on doing something else).
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Nah not really UNLESS that happens all of the time. Sometimes people have the best of intentions and mention plans early, but then throughout the week/day, they get too exhausted or run out of money for what they had previously mentioned. I'd be happy that he still wanted to spend the time with me anyway, and hope for next time.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 5:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• yes it would ruin my night considering we only get a "date" night once every few months and we usually end up at the bar hes a member of.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Tell him he can stay home and watch a movie with the kids. You are going out to the movies.

Answer by louise2 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Ask him to treat you out and maybe get a babysitter. It would ruin my night. My hopes used to get crushed too. I had a couple miscarraiges, and was treated bad. But now everything is better so keep em up and ask again.
    TeenTwinMom

Answer by TeenTwinMom at 5:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2010